Monday 20 June 2011

'Get Trimmer...' Week Four: Fitness Tips

Better Late Than Never! I'm feeling a little better, thanks so much for your comments :)

Ok... we're halfway through this challenge and and I know some of you ladies aren't exercising.

Truth is - You definitely can see results by eating well and not exercising but exercise is important for many reasons:
  • health of course
    but also 
  • exercise, when done correctly (and not to the point of overtraining) can help accelerate weight loss which I know is a more attractive reason to many ;)
Try not to use the usual excuse of "I don't have the time". If something is important, we'll always make the time. A 30 minute intense workout 3 times a week is enough.

- If you're a stay-at-home Mum, I know I'm not one and haven't experienced what you have but you are allowed some time to yourself - to shower, to eat, to relax and to exercise :)

- If you work crazy hours, I understand. Between 2003 and 2005, I worked 2 hours away from home and always visited my Mummy in hospital after work. My days started at 5.45am and I got home at 10pm Monday to Friday! I was really tired during the weekends and exercising was the last thing on my mind BUT... I finally made the time after a year of absolutely no exercise. I drove straight to the gym before or after visiting my Mummy at least 2ce a week.

For the next four weeks, I am going to focus on home workouts and will upload videos on youtube. They will all be 30 minutes long (including warm up, cool down and stretch) and yes I promise 100% this time.

:)

No comments: