Monday 15 July 2013

New Week, New Video... Of A Workout For Change!

Hello!

I hope you had a great weekend - it was SUNNY here in London. At one point, I literally RAN away from the sun and into the comfort of my home... like a vampire, ha!

I know I'm Nigerian, I know I grew up in the sun but it doesn't mean I love it 24/7. I like the warmth from the sun but not the heat on my skin, which always results in me being multi-toned - darker face, dark arms, less dark torso and slightly dark legs, no thanks! If you've been reading this blog for long enough, I'm sure you can tell no weather in the UK ever makes me happy :p

Do you know I'm a kettlebell instructor? Yep! I teach kettlebell classes for Fitter London, and after having over a month away from them - thanks to my holiday and 'Insanity: The Asylum', I almost hugged them when I got back!

Two Saturdays ago, I taught both classes so I didn't get to workout so I decided to play with some kettlebells and decided to share with you so you can give it a try soon :)

As always, you need to warm up and mobilise your joints before doing this, or any workout.

Five repititions of these four exercises, back-to-back:

  1. Kettlebells swings - I used two bells here but one bell is just as effective (single arm swings)
  2. Kettlebell swing-cleans - Again, one bell for single bell cleans works just fine
  3. Ketllbells military (shoulder) presses
  4. Kettlebell racked (front) squats
Rest for 1-2 minutes and repeat at least 3 times.




What does this work, I hear you ask? Everything!

It's a great strength AND endurance workout - going heavy and not resting between exercises will give maximum results. The swings work your hamstrings, glutes (butt) and core. The cleans do the same PLUS the back and shoulders. The shoulder presses work the... shoulders, of course! And the squats mainly target the glutes, quads (thighs) and core, also your shoulders as you have to keep the bells up.

So yes, it's a total body workout :) Why don't you give it a try? Watch this video a few times before trying the exercises, and as safety is important - start light. If you try it, please comment below or on the video (YouTube).

Someone's commented on the video already:
"Thank you, I just did that with 10kg weights why am I burning in my shoulders and glutes lol. :) thanks for a "rest day" workout

No comments: