Tuesday 30 July 2013

I Was Forced Out Of My Comfort Zone Today... I Think I Loved It!


HELLO!!!!!!

I'm not even sure why I'm so energetic considering that I SPRINTED in today's workout! I'm sure you've noticed I hardly ever talk about running on here. I have shared tips on starting a running routine (Read Part I and Part II) but I don't run anymore.
I used to run years ago but mainly for exercise and to keep challenging myself. I stopped about 3 year ago when I discovered other things I actually enjoyed.

Today's Fitter London workout started with 30+mins of running. We jogged for 5 minutes then did what felt like a million sets of 20s and 10s sprints, with rest in between each set. We finished off with a relay, which brought out my very competitive side... LMAO, I might have cheated while overtaking someone

I'll be honest I do love a good sprint but for just one set of 10 seconds, or something! Today's session took me WAY OUT OF my comfort zone, and after the sprints we jogged back to the gym and finished with 4 sets each of 6 reps of heavy kettlebell shoulder presses, dead cleans and rows. Heavy lifting, LOVE IT!

And guess who's teaching a spin class in less than 2 hours.... ME! (I'm going to sleep so well tonight!).

Nothing gets you fitter like constantly challenging & shocking your body! Why don't you try something different (and challenging, of course!) today? And when you do, tell me about it :)

Have a great day!

No comments: