Tuesday 23 April 2013

Recipe: Nigerian Twist on Cauliflower Rice - Fried 'Rice'

My first Nigerian recipe, using cauliflower rice is here --> Cauliflower Jollof Rice. If you're wondering why I'm posting these Nigerian style cauliflower rice recipes, read THIS post about the Fitter Food book (Buy it here: store.fitterlondon.co.uk/fitter-food-book-a-lifelong-recipe-for-success-price-includes-delivery-to-uk-only/).

This was just as easy to make as the Jollof 'Rice'

Ingredients
Half a cauliflower
2 cups of mixed vegetables
4 sausages (Ideally I'd have used liver but I didn't have any at home, same excuse from the previous recipe!)
1 tablespoon of coconut oil
1/2 an onion, diced (optional)
Seasoning (Curry, Mixed Herbs and Ginger)
Salt

1. Wash the cauliflower and remove the leaves and stalk.
2. Grate with a grater with large holes (this helps give it a better rice like texture).



3. Wash and steam the mixed vegetables (add some salt to taste). Dice the liver (sausages).
4. Heat the coconut oil in a pan. Add the diced meat and pan fry till it's brown on the outside, and almost cooked on the inside.
5. Add the mixed vegetables and seasoning and stir fry for 1 minute.
6. Add the cauliflower and stir fry for 5 minutes.
7. It's ready!

This can serve 1 person with a large appetite (*cough* ME) or 2 people with smaller appetites. Your choice :)

Have you tried any cauliflower rice recipes? Tell me!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL @ serves one with a large appetite. Trying to decide if I shld try this first or the jollof rice version.

Adura O. said...

My friend just made the jollof one and it looked scrumptious!

I posted a pic on Facebook.

Anonymous said...

Hi adura I visit чυя blog everyday and I even go 2 чυя previous blogs n video.buh d problem is I ve no time ryt now buh hopin to start everything ☞ do in june.pls I nid support and encouragement.

Adura O. said...

Hi!

The next one should start at the end of June/early July. I'll keep you updated. Send me an email so I can notify you when the date is confirmed.

:)

aloted said...

finally made this tonight...so crunchy and yummy

definitely adding to my meal plan...thanks for sharing