Saturday 18 February 2012

Saturday's Dinner :)

Hope you're enjoying your weekend :)

I had a long day - a few hours at Fitter London including taking part in the 2nd class - Kettlebells for Strength and a Sixpack. Then I went out into the rain looking for ingredients for body butters and hair oils.

I came back home freezing and after making my dinner in less than 20 minutes, I now feel warm, dry and content :)
  • I boiled a sweet potato with parsley and salt.
  • Once it cooked, I drained the water and added 4 tablespoons of coconut oil to the pot.
  • Mashed it and served with my 'lazy' efo.
Lazy Efo (I will post the recipe for the less lazy version, which I blogged about earlier this week, on YouTube soon)
Why 'Lazy'? Because I didn't allow enough time for the spinach to cook (as is usual with efo), I chopped the spinach half-heartedly and many more things as seen in the lazy recipe below ;)
  • Chopped a small bunch of spinach.
  • Added a heaped tablespoon of coconut oil to a hot pot, and 1/4 of an onion (chopped)
  • Two heaped tablespoons of tomato puree
  • Added a pinch of salt and mixed herbs
  • Allowed to cook for a minute then added the spinach.
  • Reduced to medium heat and allowed to cook for 5 minutes.
  • Added a drained tin of salmon and stirred the contents of the pot.
  • Simmered for another 5 minutes.
Done.



Enjoy your weekend :)

1 comment:

archi said...

Well it may have been a "Lazy" meal but the flavour combination was very well balanced.I really like that. Many would put a whole onion because its easy, or used any vegetable oil, but the coconut oil makes it special.Which Salmon did you use? Nice! Salmon is better than other light tinned fish like tuna. The spinach and coconut and onion is so African in mood.