Monday 20 February 2012

Quick & Easy Morning Stretch Routine

Happy Monday!

Hope you enjoyed your weekend, I can't get over how quickly this year is going by already!

I've found that I hit the snooze button on my alarm at least 3 times before I finally drag myself out of bed to start my day. Sometimes I stretch, the usual big stretch we do when we wake up. There are times when I don't remember, or have time, to even that!

Stretching is very important:
  • Before exercise, it's good to do some mobility work to help warm up the joints and muscles in preparation for a session. This ensures you have a productive and injury free workout.
  • Post exercise, to help with muscle recovery, release any tension caused by exercise and to avoid injury.
    And....
  • First thing in the morning.
Why is Early Morning Stretching Important?
  1. It's a way of waking up the body
  2. It helps release any stiffness or tightness that might have been caused by awkward sleeping positions.
  3. It helps mobilise the joints in preparation for the day ahead.
  4. It increases blood flow to the muscles.
  5. It's a great way to start the day.
I've decided to challenge myself to wake up 5-10mins earlier than usual, maybe only hit the snooze button once ;) I will stretch every morning and set myself up for even better days :)



Give it a try and let me know what you think. And, please, if you have any suggestions or requests for videos, let me know.

No comments: