Wednesday 25 September 2013

100 Rep Workout

So, if you follow me on Facebook (Hint: 'Like' My Facebook Page), you'll know about the 10,000 rep challenge.

Okay, I'm going to have to convince you like I did everyone on Facebook, before you run away! It's 100 reps of exercises for the 100 days leading to Christmas. Day 1 was last week Tuesday, the 17th of September, I decided on a whim to take part and it's been great so far - I post daily workouts on Facebook and people are participating! Join Us Now.

You have nothing to lose, except loads of calories and sweat ;)


Today is Day #9 and I chose 2 exercises for the day.
  • The first one is pictured above. The exercise is called knee-to-elbow (also called plank knee-to elbow) and is a great core exercise.
    Your arms do some work but it's primarily your core (abs) this exercise targets. Starting in high plank position, reach your right knee towards your right elbow, and aim to TAP your elbow with your knee. Repeat with the left. Make sure your hips don't sag, this will ensure your abs do the work and not your back!
  • The second is jump (or low impact version - quick/tempo) squats.
So, it's 30 knees-to-elbows and 20 jump/tempo squats = 50 x 2 sets = 100. Simples! :)

Try this and let me know what you think. And don't forget to head to my Facebook page for tomorrow's workout.

----



No comments: