Wednesday 14 November 2012

Healthy Plantain Recipe: 'Dodo' (Pan) Fried Plantain and Tomato Scrambled Eggs

A couple of weekends ago, I was about to prepare this meal and thought I might as well record it. That's my cooking life now - before I cook anything, I look for my camera and tripod!

Then, sometimes, I have grand plans to cook and record... and NOTHING happens. I bought all ingredients for two simple and healthy meals on Monday, today is Wednesday and I still haven't cooked either. *sigh*

Anyway, on to this recipe. If you're Nigerian, you know we love to deep fry our plantain for 'dodo', and any random vegetable oil is often used. A long while back, I thought I'd try out pan frying plantain to see if it would work out. I remember burning it the first time and this was because I'd left the heat on high and forgotten it needed more time to cook because of the little oil used.

After that mishap, I figured it out and this is how I fry my 'dodo' now.

In the video below, I fried the eggs in chopped tomatoes using the leftover oil from the 'dodo'.

My Suggestion: Eat half a plantain with a lot of eggs, especially if you're cutting down on your carbs. The eggs are a great source of protein and will definitely fill you up quick.


I have a few posts lined up including a requested one on seasonings I use. 

No comments: