Tuesday 4 June 2013

As One Challenge Ends, Another One Is Set To Begin.

If you follow me on Instagram (@adura_o), your timeline should have been bombarded with daily posts from me in plank position.

The reason is explained in "I'm Challenging Myself..." but if you can't be bothered to click on the link, here's a summary of what I did for 28 days:

1. 2 minutes of plank, daily.
2. 2 strength sessions, weekly.
3. Yoga 1-2 times, weekly.
4. Eating clean - Processed sugar free and low sugar.
- Completely treat free.
5. Cutting down carbs, except on workout days. Examples of carbs allowed: plantain, sweet potatoes and quinoa.
6. I teach 3 spin classes a week, that covered my cardio and HIIT.

I LOVED IT! Cutting out treats was a challenge for the first week, but after that - it was just fine. When I had cravings (e.g. time of the month), I just had bigger portions of carbs and that always helped. One day, I had roasted sweet potatoes and plantains!

RESULTS: Although, the change isn't drastic, I see I've definitely lost some fat and even better, I feel GREAT!

The moral of the story is: Nothing Is Impossible. Stop making excuses, "Ahhh, I can't NOT eat bread or biscuits, etc". You can if you put your mind to it. I always tell people - If I can do it, anybody can.

It's good to challenge yourself often, to keep you motivated and always on your toes. I've found myself relaxing back into bad habits, and this challenge has helped me get back on track.

My treats will be 0-1 weekly now. And I will continue with the daily planks :)



I have another personal challenge, which will start in a couple of days but enough about me!!

Speaking of challenges ending and beginning, Get Trimmer 4 JUST ended on Sunday 2nd June. The next one, GT5,  starts on Monday 17th June and a few spots are already gone! Sign up now to get the early bird offer.

I've had a few questions about alternative payment methods, send me an email and I'll send you details ---> email @ GetTrimmerChallenge.com.

I have a few weeks off work so I will be recording videos and blogging more often :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I see a trimmer waist line for sure. Are planks safe for someone with a bad knee or what would you recommend?

Adura O. said...

@Titi Yay! :)

Yes, planks are safe if you have a bad knee. There's no pressure on the knee joint while in plank position.

Just make sure you end the plank by getting on your good knee first, if it's something that's aggravated by applying pressure to your bad knee :)

Unknown said...

Awesome I'll be incorporating it to my work out next month.

Sizzling mommy said...

Your abs look INCREDIBLE!

Adura O. said...

Keep me posted Titi :)

Thank you @Sizzling Mommy :)