Tuesday 7 May 2013

I'm Challenging Myself...

...and you, maybe?

I'm very proud of myself - after months of feeling stuck in a rut, I did my #CleanNineteen challenge in March. At the end of the 19 days, I felt more like myself than I had in ages, it almost felt like I had reset my attitude to my diet - I needed it!

So, to continue to motivate myself, and others I hope, I set myself another challenge for the month of May. It doesn't matter what your starting point is, it's the progress and results you get at the end that matter.

I've used the #GetRippedWithAdura on Instagram hashtag because the other one I wanted to use had already been used for something else.

My starting picture is here: http://instagram.com/p/Y5dQl0ADW-/

Goal: More definition in my abs - to see a significant change in my abs/mid-section

How?
1. Doing 2 minutes of plank daily.
2. Doing 2 strength sessions a week
3. Doing Yoga 1-2 times a week.
4. Eating clean
- Processed sugar free and low sugar.
- Completely treat free, especially during the 1st two weeks. And the option to have one treat per week during weeks 3 and 4 (but I plan not to).  By treats, I mean foods with processed sugar (cakes, ice-cream, etc)
- Cutting down carbs, except on workout days. Examples of carbs allowed are: plantain, sweet potatoes, brown beans and quinoa.

If you're interested in following my progress or you want to join me on this challenge, follow me on Instagram: @Adura_O, where I'll be posting daily updates on anything from my planks to the meals I eat. If you're on Pinterest, I'm also posting daily updates ---> http://pinterest.com/adura/get-ripped-with-me/

I started yesterday:

Please be aware this will not have the same structured approach and direction as the Get Trimmer Challenge. If you want weekly plans, tips, a forum and regular support, sign up for the next Get Trimmer Challenge HERE (starts on the 17th of June).

4 comments:

IntheMidstofher said...

Adura, how can I improve my hover? As of right now,I can do it on my knees for like 3 mins but I cant do it even for a sec on my toes cuz my toes hurt.

Adura O. said...

@ITMOH Hmmm.. email me a pic of your toes when you try to do a full plank. Are they like mine are in the pictures? Hope you're not trying to balance on the tips of your toes....?

IntheMidstofher said...

Hmmm… come to think about it, I might be doing it directly on my toes!!!!! Thanks so much…. let me try it the way you do it….* Running to hover*


Ok I am back!!! Girl you are spot on!!!! I just realized I was hovering on my tip toes!!!! I just did it your way and I was able to do it for 15 secs ( I am at work..lol) Thanks so much Adura!!

Adura O. said...

@ITMOH Woohooo!!!!! :)