Tuesday 7 August 2012

Recipe: Suya Chops!

I'm envious of you all in Nigeria - you have easy access to Suya! On July 4th this year, my brother-in-law made suya and I stuffed my face - I love it :)

Thanks to my Aunty T, I have suya pepper here in London. I hadn't put it to good use in a while until I bought some pork chops 2 weeks ago.

Now after eating this about 4 times in the last 2 weeks, I'm happy share one of my new (and favourite) recipes with you. It's high in protein which is great!


Ingredients
  • 4 Pork Chops
  • Mixed Herbs
  • Mixed Spice
  • Rock Salt
  • Suya Pepper
  • 1/2 an onion

Steps
After 3 hours in the fridge.
  1. Season the pork chops with the salt, herbs and spices.
  2. Slather (yes, slather) the pork chops in suya pepper
  3. Chop the onions and add.
  4. Allow to marinade, in the fridge, for at least 3 hours.
  5. Preheat oven to 200C
  6. Add the pork chops and roast for 15 minutes (I like my meat well cooked).
  7. Turn them over and roast for another 15 minutes.
  8. Done :)
Serving Suggestions
  • With steamed vegetables
  • With roasted sweet potatoes and vegetables

No comments: