Wednesday 1 August 2012

Healthy Eating Tip #2

Keep unhealthy food out of reach!



This might sound obvious but I know many people who leave temptation right in front of them! How do you expect to fight the urge to eat a bowl of ice cream (this is aimed at me!) if you have a tub of ice cream in the freezer? Or chocolate? Or biscuits? Or... okay, enough of the day dreaming ;)

Seriously, I've found that keeping unhealthy foods away means I'll eat healthier. Simple! On the days I decide to treat myself, I always buy enough to last only a couple of days.

Unfortunately for some of you, I'm sure it's tougher at work. People bringing in random treats to celebrate one thing or the other. It is soo hard! The solution, and what worked for me, is to have healthy snacks with you - fruit, nuts, etc. If you absolutely MUST have a treat, keep it to a minimum. Don't keep going back and always remember your goal(s).

Photo Credit: http://www.erganicliving.com/

No comments: