Monday 18 March 2013

Quick Catchup: Clean Weekend and a New Video


Hope you had a good weekend. I had another sugar free weekend and feel good for it today. I went to help my friend at her Ermioni's Bake Shop stall in Archway Market and didn't have anything! Not even  a tiny sample of her scrumptious baking. Funny thing was - it wasn't difficult, not one bit!

It helped that there was a hog roast stall in that market so I bought a portion of it (on its own) and my friend bought me more later :) The worst thing to do when you're avoiding sugar is to be hungry around sugar!


On Sunday, I made some plantain chips and had them with an omelette and a banana shake (1 cup of organic farm fresh yogurt and 1 banana). A couple of sunny-side-up eggs with runny yolks would have been perfect to dip the chips into... yummm! Next time ;) I absolutely LOVE plantains, can you tell?


I'm on Day 15 of my personal #CleanNineteen challenge and, honestly, I don't feel deprived because I've been making extra yummy meals and green smoothies <-- all homemade and natural :) Looks like I might just continue past the nineteen days, I'm enjoying it :)

I started this week as I plan to continue and finish it - cleansed and refreshed, let's see how long that lasts!!
Palm Oil Face Mask before my shower and a big glass of leftover homemade green smoothie (from the weekend).

Finally, here's a video I uploaded on Friday on treating yourself with unhealthy food. I do that a lot and it's a habit I'm trying to curb. I've been doing well these past few weeks by making berry or banana smoothies over the weekend (I have some pictures on my Instagram). And also making extra scrumptious meals, which makes a huge difference.

Watch the video here:


Have a productive week!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments: