Thursday 5 January 2012

So you over-indulged over Christmas...?

You're not alone! And you shouldn't dwell on it! It's in the past and it's what you do from today that counts... I have to admit this post is, kind of, inspired by my many Christmas treats and directed at me ;)

This post by Keris of Fitter London is a great place to start: The Best Way to Kickstart 2012!

I just started a a 5 day cleanse which is detailed in the above Fitter London link:
Breakfast: 2 scoops of shake
Lunch: 2 scoops of shake
Dinner: Fish and Vegetables

I'll also be having green vegetables throughout the day and Essential Greens.



I know it doesn't look like fun but it's only for 5 days and after all the cr*p I put in my body, I need to reset and start with a clean slate.

If the above is too drastic a change for you, try this for a week:
  • Green veggies in at least one (aim for 2-3) meal per day eg efo, spinach, broccoli, collard greens, etc
  • Fish instead of meat or chicken
  • Cut out the obvious baddies - biscuits, chocolate, cake, etc
  • Cut out the usual starchy foods - white rice, eba, yam, etc... And quoting Keris here: "sweet potato, quinoa, brown rice or starchy vegetables like butternut squash, celeriac and parsnips ". More accessible (for those living in Nigeria) - Sweet potato, brown rice and plantain.
  • Drink water only, no fizzy or sugary drinks. Try cold water and lemon/lime (I love this now) throughout the day and another thing I like is hot water and lemon first thing in the morning.
Once the week is over, don't throw everything out the window. Apply as much as you can to your everyday life and relax a little over the weekend... that's what I do and it works for me :)

3 comments:

IntheMidstofher said...

Adura,
1-happy new yr! Hoped you enjoyed your states side trip. I LOVED my week in England.
2- what shakes are you using?
3-can Efo count as green veggies through out the day?
4- what do you think about "Ogi" (pap)?
Thanks

Adura O. said...

Hi :)

I'm using a shake called 'Estrogenomics' which is available in the US. It can be ordered through Keris (of Fitter London).

you can have Efo but it will have to be cooked without oil... it will taste a little different but remember it's only temporary :)

Ogi during a cleanse or in general?

IntheMidstofher said...

Ogi in general....I love it!